Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hosted Family Issue

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
norcaljess
362 Views, 5 Replies

Hosted Family Issue

I'm trying to insert this family into my floor plan but all I get is the "can't do this" circle with a line through it.  Can anyone figure out why? 

Thanks,

Jess

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
norcaljess
in reply to: norcaljess

Never mind.  Man, I don't know if I should be embarassed or proud.  I think I've answered my last 4 or 5 posts before anyone could answer them for me.  Problem = The fixture is wall hosted.  Won't host on a "linked" wall unless you copy/monitor the wall.  I LOVE REVIT! 

Thanks,
Jess

Message 3 of 6

If you are using 2012 - don't copy monitor the wall. Create a new project - model a wall - host drinking fountain - save and close. Link this model into your working model and copy/monitor the fitting through - this will change it to face based instead of wall hosted. Then you can save it for future.

If my reply answers your query, please use the Accept as Solution.
Please give Kudos as appropriate to enhance the value of these forums.

Thank you!
Message 4 of 6

I am using 2012 but when I tried to do this, it went through the motions and then gave me an error "Cannot create Extrusions" and gave me the choice to Cancel or Delete and wouldn't create a copied fixture.  Any more ideas?

Thanks,

Jess

Message 5 of 6
embolisim
in reply to: norcaljess

Are you up for tracking down the problem in the family & fixing it?

Julians' method is what I do too.

Message 6 of 6

I suspect there are dimensions run from the host geometry in the family instead of from reference planes, etc. Can you post the family to look at out of interest?

If my reply answers your query, please use the Accept as Solution.
Please give Kudos as appropriate to enhance the value of these forums.

Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report