Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hoping anyone help me about this issue

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
engineer12ahmed
264 Views, 1 Reply

hoping anyone help me about this issue

i have made shop drawing for floor of bank and i have finished it ...  but now i get avariation on ceiling and ceiling will be changed in few days ... my problem that i have alot of hosted sprinkler and air terminals on this ceiling .... this mean that when i remove the old ceiling ,these sprinklers and air terminals will be removed ...my Question (How can i instead of this ceiling with new one without removing sprinklers and air terminals >>>

thanks alot

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
CoreyDaun
in reply to: engineer12ahmed

It sounds like you have created your own Ceiling elements in your model. If this is the case, the change can be dealt with in one of a few ways, depending on the amount of difference.

If the Ceiling is changing heights or the grid is being shifted, that should pose no issue. If the Ceiling Type is being changed, then you should be able to select it and change its Type via the Type Selector (the pull-down at the top of the Properties Palette) and your elements should be fine. If the ceiling is changing in major ways (i.e. broken up into smaller pieces), then the method I have used is to move the Ceiling off to the side away from the model (this will bring with it all hosted elements), redraw or copy/paste the Ceiling, and then re-host (select them and use "Pick New Host") the elements to the new ceiling. Then, of course, delete the old Ceiling.

If your elements are hosted to the face of a Ceiling that belongs to a linked model, then the modifications of the ceiling shouldn't affect your elements. If they delete are redraw the Ceiling, your elements will become unhosted, which can be corrected by selecting them and using "Pick New Host".

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report