Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hiding linked pipework or ductwork systems

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
2976 Views, 7 Replies

Hiding linked pipework or ductwork systems

Hey all, does anyone know how to hide a piping or ductwork system family that exists in a linked Revit file. I have a consultants model as a link in my own model and I want to be able to hide individual systems in the consultant model whilst leaving other consultant systems visible. Any clues anybody?

Thanks in advance

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Goto VG->Revit links tab->Display setting column->By host view ->in basics tab select "custom" instead of "by host view"-> in "model categories" tab select "custom" instead of "by host view" again, then its just like in the VG you can turn off any element in the linked revit file.
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

Hi Ajay, I think you have missed to point on this one. I am not wanting to turn off an entire category in the linked file, rather I want to turn off systems (piped systems or duct systems) which contain items in various categories but not all items in those categories. The systems do not show anywhere in the VG interface. If the systems where defined as a Workset then we might be able to control them through VG>Revit Links>Worksets but unfortunatley they are not.

Thanks anyway.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

Oh k, If u want to turn off system like mechanical supply, Mechanical return etc., then just create a filter having "Filter rule" equal to what ever the system type it is that you want to hide, but the existing same systems in the projects also gets turned off.[but i have another way aroung it if you want]

Message 5 of 8
CoreyDaun

ajax05k wrote:

"Oh k, If u want to turn off system like mechanical supply, Mechanical return etc., then just create a filter having "Filter rule" equal to what ever the system type it is that you want to hide, but the existing same systems in the projects also gets turned off..."

To add to Ajay's suggestion here, you can create a View Filter as described, but also include an additional Filter Rule: "Workset" "does not equal" "[your Workset name]". Provided that Workshared is enabled in both your and their model and that your elements are placed on the correct Workset, this will turn off the specified System in the Linked model only.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Thanks Ajax & CADastrophe. Both solutions seem like they should work but unfortunately they do not. As I mentioned before, the original files systems are not defined as worksets so the option for filtering by work set does not work. Also, systems in a linked file do not seem to be visible in the host file so filtering by linked system is also not possible. I might be wrong on this last one so if you want to test this (make sure the system type is unique to the linked file i.e. a user defined system not a default one) and let me know your result it would be appreciated. 

Thanks again for your help. 

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: CoreyDaun

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

"Oh k, If u want to turn off system like mechanical supply, Mechanical return etc., then just create a filter having "Filter rule" equal to what ever the system type it is that you want to hide, but the existing same systems in the projects also gets turned off..."

To add to Ajay's suggestion here, you can create a View Filter as described, but also include an additional Filter Rule: "Workset" "does not equal" "[your Workset name]". Provided that Workshared is enabled in both your and their model and that your elements are placed on the correct Workset, this will turn off the specified System in the Linked model only.

When you cant use worksets as a second rule in the filters, then there is only one way, USE COMMENTS, but its a tedious process,

You have to give comment as 1[for example] for the ducts/pipes which you dont want to hide, then under rule 2 of filter select comment and select "does not equal to"="1"

And dont forget to uncheck the visiblity of the filter in VG

hide in linked file.jpg

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

Thanks again to you both. I'll try implementing the worksets and worksharing (an external party controls the linked document) and see what we get.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report