Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide lines in a family

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
filipesmsantos
8479 Views, 9 Replies

Hide lines in a family

Hi everyone

As you may know I am making a family of a water collector.

Now I have the family almost finished but a I have some small questions.

Attached is a image of my collector in plan view and I want to know how to hide the lines of the intersection between the elements, the main collector and the conector (inside the blue "cloud) and I want to know how to make the real lines that the intersection between this elements origins.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
L.Maas
in reply to: filipesmsantos

There are different approaches. You can model it. Other common approach is to work with visibility settings. In plan view hide the model and use a combination of detail lines, detail components and regions to outline your model.

Examples of this practice can be found in the Revit libraries

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 3 of 10
filipesmsantos
in reply to: L.Maas

I don´t have doubts that your previous message was one of the solutions. And thank you about that.

However I found another a problem. I did, in plan view, with model lines the contour of the collector ant the conectors. But I have all of it parameterized and when, in project  I change the Ø of a conector the lines don´t follow the model and the change.

I hope you understand the question.

Thank you

Message 4 of 10
L.Maas

When you draw the contour lines you would have to constrain them as the rest of your model.

So where needed you would have to add reference planes and lock the model lines to them. With (addtional) parameters you can control the contour to folow your model.

As the diameter of your connector changes the distance between the two contour lines who follow your connector need to be changed equally. So you would use a new/existing parameter to create that distance.

Hereunder a screenshot of some quick and dirty solutions. Left side is collector in plan view with contour lines. Right side is the collector modelled.

Collector.png

Louis

EESignature

Message 5 of 10
filipesmsantos

I have my collector modelled. I have a 3D perspective of my collector. It consists in a revolve, the main body and a smaller revolve that represents the conectors.

My problem is to represent the lines on the intersections between those two revolves as you already get it.

So as you told me, in the plan view I hide the model and sketch the contour with model lines, but those lines appears also in 3D view. In 3D I don´t have the right representation of that intersection. I have it in plan view but I don´t have it in 3D view.

And I uderstand the image on the last message. I have to make RP's to lock the model lines and I have to make parameters to control that RP's and model lines.

Thank you again

Message 6 of 10
L.Maas

Like many things in Revit there are different options to get to your result. It depends on your workflow.

For example

-You can control the visibility of the "contour lines" with visibility settings so that they are only visible in certian situations

-Another option is to use visbility and attach parameters to them.

-A third option is to change the modle lines to detail lines. Detail lines are always view specific (and thus not visble in 3D views)

Attached the family with some of above mentioend incorporated.

Collector Visibility.png

Louis

EESignature

Message 7 of 10
jamuope

Hello, is this possible in Revit? We want to hide lines in a tree, just like it is showed when you move the view, please see pictures, thank you in advance.

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_2.png

Tags (1)
Message 8 of 10
jamuope
in reply to: jamuope

No answer?

Message 9 of 10
RobDraw

It would be prudent for you to start your own thread as this one has been marked as solved. If the solutions don't apply to your question, start another thread.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 10 of 10
jamuope

*shown 😋

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report