Revit MEP

Valued Mentor
mike
Message 1 of 3 (215 Views)

Here's a new one I haven't seen before.....

215 Views, 2 Replies
01-28-2013 08:45 AM

Using RMEP2013, one of my guys is trying ot add a Structural Steel Tube 4x4 to Model to build an temp platform,.......but whne he drags the beam into the drawing editor, he gets the attached error.  Anyone seen this before....for some reason I thought it didn't matter what version RAC,RST,RMEP that you could still add the beams, etc to a model.  Thoughts?

Mike

Michael L. Maloney
Virtual World Designs
VDC & BIM Model Design, Clash & Coordination
mike@VirtualWorldDesigns.com
Building Design Suite Ultimate 2013, 2014, 2015
Charlotte, NC ; Fort Mill, SC
*Expert Elite*
CADastrophe
Message 2 of 3 (163 Views)

Re: Here's a new one I haven't seen before.....

01-29-2013 08:03 AM in reply to: mike

Revit MEP does not really support the placement of Structural elements - we saw that error when attempting to place a couple of existing beams for our reference. We resorted to modeling them as Generic Models, which was acceptable to us.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Valued Mentor
mike
Message 3 of 3 (154 Views)

Re: Here's a new one I haven't seen before.....

01-29-2013 09:04 AM in reply to: CADastrophe

Hi Corey, I kinda figured as much and We actually moved him over to OneBox, and snet him on his way..........Like i daid "I Thought" I had done this before in RMEP......maybe it was a dream.

Thanks anyway,

Mike

Michael L. Maloney
Virtual World Designs
VDC & BIM Model Design, Clash & Coordination
mike@VirtualWorldDesigns.com
Building Design Suite Ultimate 2013, 2014, 2015
Charlotte, NC ; Fort Mill, SC
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!