Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Here's a new one I haven't seen before.....

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
VWD-MLM
361 Views, 2 Replies

Here's a new one I haven't seen before.....

Using RMEP2013, one of my guys is trying ot add a Structural Steel Tube 4x4 to Model to build an temp platform,.......but whne he drags the beam into the drawing editor, he gets the attached error.  Anyone seen this before....for some reason I thought it didn't matter what version RAC,RST,RMEP that you could still add the beams, etc to a model.  Thoughts?

Mike

Michael L. Maloney
Virtual World Designs
VDC & BIM Model Design, Clash & Coordination
mike@VirtualWorldDesigns.com
BDSU 2015, 2016
Charlotte, NC ; Fort Mill, SC
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
CoreyDaun
in reply to: VWD-MLM

Revit MEP does not really support the placement of Structural elements - we saw that error when attempting to place a couple of existing beams for our reference. We resorted to modeling them as Generic Models, which was acceptable to us.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 3
VWD-MLM
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Hi Corey, I kinda figured as much and We actually moved him over to OneBox, and snet him on his way..........Like i daid "I Thought" I had done this before in RMEP......maybe it was a dream.

Thanks anyway,

Mike

Michael L. Maloney
Virtual World Designs
VDC & BIM Model Design, Clash & Coordination
mike@VirtualWorldDesigns.com
BDSU 2015, 2016
Charlotte, NC ; Fort Mill, SC

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report