Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with drawing piping using a isometric as a trace

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
danny.j.george
1695 Views, 2 Replies

Help with drawing piping using a isometric as a trace

Hi All,

I really need some help with the following as I am struggling to recreate a 2D piping design in Revit.

I have drawn my piping design in an isomteric view using AutoCAD 2013 incorporating all the angles necessary.

have then loaded this isometric CAD file into Revit MEP and is displays properly shwoing the angles that the lines have bee drawn at.

I now want to use this to "draw over" using the piping in Revit, but the program does not recognise any of the isometrics points as base points and I cannot seem to get any pipe to follow my isometric trace.

Can anyone give me an idea of how to do this as this is my first time using this?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Just as a further point I have attached a file to illustrate what I mean.

As you can see I have imported my isometric into Revit and can view it in 3D.

What I now want to do is trace over this layout, drawing pipe by pipe to recreate this using the plumbing fixtures in Revit itself. 

Can this be done and if so how?

Thanks in advance 

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: danny.j.george

Try this.  Place a pipe in plan view near one of your lines.  Switch to a 3D view and set it to wireframe.  Use the align tool and pick an AutoCAD line and then pick the centerline of the pipe.  You can then drag the pipe end points to match the AutoCAD line end points.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report