Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! Face based families hosting at an elevation, not the linked model

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
crigoli
1230 Views, 4 Replies

HELP! Face based families hosting at an elevation, not the linked model

At the start of the project, placing a receptacle on the wall was easy, just how you normally do it.  Now, we I go to place a receptacle, it automatically has it set for "Host: Not Associated" "Elevation: -92'-0"" "Offset: 0'-0""

How did this happen? How do I get it back to hosting according to the level and the default elevation that it normally works on? Extremely frustrating...

This happened directly after loading a face based receptacle family for floor mounted receptacles.

-crigoli

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
c.era
in reply to: crigoli

You made sure that your schedule level was the appropriate level, right?

Message 3 of 5
CoreyDaun

While you are placing an element, you can change the Elevation value under properties before you actually place it. Revit should make the inputted value the new default elevation.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 4 of 5
WillKelly1

I am having this exact trouble, where I can set the elevationbefore I place the receptacle, but when I go to the next floor up, it tries to place the receptacle on the floor below.  As an example, on the first floor (elevation 0'0") I place the device using the 1' 6" default elevation.  When I go to do the same on the second floor (elevation 12' 0") the receptacle Default elevation is now -10' 6" and if I place the receptacle I get the warning that none of the placed item are within this view.  If I then go back to the first floor, the receptacle I placed on the second is in the corresponding location on the first floor.

Message 5 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: WillKelly1

You have to 'reset' the default elevation back to the Family's default, which is accomplished by using the Create Similar command.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report