Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help creating an electrical distribution system

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
jamilkb
1481 Views, 6 Replies

Help creating an electrical distribution system

Trying to create a panel schedule for a small single family home. Nothing fancy. 

I'm having the hardest time doing what i'm certain is a simple task. I attempted to search for solutions and tutorials but perhaps i'm using poor search terms, or just not searching for the right thing in the right places. Please forgive me if this query is too basic or has been answered before. Now....with that disclaimer out of the way, here's my issue.

I'm NOT an electrician or electrical engineer.

I've added lights, switches, recepticles to my model, and then I discovered that Revit can actually create/model a real electrical distribution system! I figured i'd give it a try. I pulled in a panel, and i've assigned circuits to that panel. So right now, my system looks like this:

Screen Shot 2014-06-26 at 3.21.01 PM.png

I tried creating a panel schedule and it comes out blank, like this:

Screen Shot 2014-06-26 at 3.22.52 PM.png

My system settings look like this:

Screen Shot 2014-06-26 at 3.23.56 PM.png

Screen Shot 2014-06-26 at 3.24.35 PM.png

Screen Shot 2014-06-26 at 3.25.07 PM.png

It's just a basic system for a small house. Standard 200amp panel with 20 spaces is what i'm aiming for. 

What am I doing wrong that results in a blank panel schedule?

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
B_Broome
in reply to: jamilkb

I do mainly electrical work in Revit and your settings look alright.

Have you tried editting your panel schedule templates?  It looks like none of the parameters, in the schedule,  are actually working properly to me.

Try editting your panel schedules from the manage tab.  Each line in the template should have a certain parameter applied to it.  If not then that means none of the information will be reported to the schedule.  Hopefully this helps you out.

Message 3 of 7
jamilkb
in reply to: B_Broome

I'm not really sure how to edit that template. I'll do a help search for that and see if I can at least get it to populate something. It's strange that it's not. 

Message 4 of 7
CoreyDaun

In some versions of Revit, the default Panel Schedule is corrupt and appears blank exactly like in your image. I recovered the correct Template from a previous version of Revit and then used Transfer Project Standards to overwrite the corrupt version with the older version. Attached is a Project which contains only the correct Panel Schedule Template.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 7
jamilkb
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Now something even MORE strange is going on....

I go to edit the template in the manage tab, and this is what i'm presented with:

Screen Shot 2014-06-27 at 8.51.48 AM.png

I open this one and it looks like this now:

Screen Shot 2014-06-27 at 8.52.43 AM.png

If I change the Panel Configuration to "Two Columns, Circuits Down" I get this (i'd previously changed this template name somehow):

Screen Shot 2014-06-27 at 8.54.03 AM.png

And when I open this one, it looks like this:

Screen Shot 2014-06-27 at 8.55.18 AM.png

which is exactly what i'm after....

So I finish that template, and then go to create my panel schedule, and this is the only option i'm presented with:

Screen Shot 2014-06-27 at 8.56.54 AM.png

I select it, and this is still the only panel schedule i'm able to produce:

Screen Shot 2014-06-27 at 8.57.35 AM.png

better than before, because at least SOMETHING is populating....but I'm unable to change and select the other template that I prefer. It just doesn't show up in the list of templates at all. 

Any ideas??

Message 6 of 7
jamilkb
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Ok...that worked...THANKS!!!!

I sure would be interested in knowing HOW/why it worked though 🙂

Message 7 of 7
CoreyDaun

All this does is overwrite the current corrupted version with the previous working version of the Templates. I've tried to actually fix the corrupted template, but that led to more widespread corruption and crashing.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report