Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heating and Cooling Loads processing hangs - why?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
498 Views, 4 Replies

Heating and Cooling Loads processing hangs - why?

Does anyone know why the Heating and Cooling Loads Procesing hangs when "Preparing data fo Zone: zone-5" for example?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

We are having the same issue. The program hangs if we try to run the calc and also when we try to export to .xml file. Case has been logged with support so hopefully get a solution soon.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Hi,

In my case, I discovered that the issue was because I had one huge space for a large area that had different roof heights and slopes.  So I broke up the space so that each space was bounded by a homogeneous roof....does that make sense?  In any case, maybe check how you are defining the space under the roof if you have a slightly varying roof shape?

Message 4 of 5
zach.brandt

I know this error was probably in Revit 2013 or 2014, but I have encountered the same thing in Revit 2020 and 2021. I found that my site was set to the city that the project was located in rather than global coordinates. When I switched the weather station to a different one in the area, the analysis ran successfully. It also ran after changing the weather station back to the original selection.

Message 5 of 5
mike9BJZZ
in reply to: zach.brandt

I just spent 2-days troubleshooting my model trying to resolve the same issue.  At first the Heat Load Analysis tool appeared to run through just fine, but I never got the report.  There was no "processing" status hung in the status box after it appear to run the analysis.  After deleting all of my zones and just adding back one, the analysis hung with the same "preparing data for zone" status which led me to this thread.  Thank Goodness!! as soon as I changed the location to the nearest city location (rather than global coordinates) the  analysis ran just fine.  This is using Revit 2020.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report