Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heating and Cooling Loads - Floor Transmission, thermal and optical properties

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
mrimmer
697 Views, 4 Replies

Heating and Cooling Loads - Floor Transmission, thermal and optical properties

Hi,

I am a beginner with Revit MEP and I tried some HC calculation so please correct me if I'm wrong, but can anyone explain::

- why Revit MEP 2012 does not consider floor transmition in the heating and cooling calculation

- why it is so difficult to change thermal and optical properties of construction (via editing Construction.xml)

- why it is not possible to give thermal and optical properties to walls, floor, windows, etc., that I place to model and calculate with these values

These things make heating and cooling calculation almost unusable.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Jrobker
in reply to: mrimmer

This is why nobody uses revit for their heating and cooling loads. Atleast on complicated projects.

"It's hardware that makes a machine fast. It's software that makes a fast machine slow."

Message 3 of 5
mrimmer
in reply to: Jrobker

But it is a pity. Is it really so difficult to test program on real project in cooperation with real HVAC designers? I don't believe it happened.

OK, now when Autodesk knows about the problem, I"m looking forward to patch that fixes this bug and I believe i doesn't take them more than a month of work. Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

I am not actually sure with my answer thus I am not an expert in this field But I can always ask my uncle because he is working in air-conditioning indianapolis and he is an expert to that field. No need to worry I'll ask him when he gets home.

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Hey,

As far as i know, this issue is in Autodesk's to do list. Until then, did you guys find any workaround to fix this bug?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report