Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hatching Query

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
WheelerCJ
284 Views, 3 Replies

Hatching Query

Hi,

I'm having problems with hatching in linked files. I have some hatching in the linked file but even though this linked file is underneath my gen models the hatch is still on top of everything.

For pipes and ducts I can make them transparent but the generic models don't work like that.

The only option I see is to change the view from mechanical to arch but I don't want to do that.

Anyone got any experience with this?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: WheelerCJ

I assume that the Discipline of your sheets is set to Mechanical. There is a little bug in the behavior of hatch:

When an out-of-discipline element (i.e., Walls in a Mechanical View) has a hatch pattern, it is displayed regardless of any elements that should be covering it. If the View is changed to Coordination, the hatch pattern becomes "blocked" as is should. Example - Equipment atop a concrete pad with hatch pattern. If the pad is a Generic Model, the hatch is visible through the equipment. If the pad's category is changed to Mechanical Equipment, the hatch appears correctly blocked out.
Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 4
WheelerCJ
in reply to: CoreyDaun

OK thanks for that.

A workaround I found for one family was to create a masking region on the plan view so when it is loaded in it masks out the hatch in the linked file which works well but I have tried to do this for another family and I have done the exact same thing and it just won't work. Any ideas what I might be doing wrong? I have checked everything and both families are practically the same.

Message 4 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: WheelerCJ

Revit thinks that Generic Models is an architectural category. In order to defeat this problem, I believe you will either have to:

1. Change the discipline of the View to Coordination and halftone the link(s).

or

2. Change your elements into Mechanical Equipment, or an equivalently important category.

May I ask why your equipment models are of the Generic Model Category?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report