Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hatching for duct insulation

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Engr4life
3165 Views, 9 Replies

Hatching for duct insulation

I'd like to make it so when I add insulation to a duct, it shows up as a hatch. Also, when I add a different thickness (i.e 1" or 2") it would show up as a different hatch. Is this possible?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Engr4life
in reply to: Engr4life

I've tried to make a filter based on the insulation thickness as shown in the picture below. But when I hit apply, it still doesn't hatch the ducts

Capture.PNG

Message 3 of 10
bvm76

I believed you can find both of your queries from previous post. Try to search the community.
Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered!
Thank You.
Message 4 of 10
Engr4life
in reply to: bvm76

The only other posts I found were advising me to use filters. I have tried this to not avail

Message 5 of 10
CoreyDaun

The "equal to" operator may be "malfunctioning". I can reproduce this in an imperial Project with Duct Insulation of 1" and a filter that specifically targets that thickness; the Duct Insulation remains unaffected. Try changing the Filter Rules to:

"Insulation Thickness" "is greater than or equal to" "39.99 mm"

-- and --

"Insulation Thickness" "is less than or equal to" "40.01 mm"

If this is the case, I would suggest reporting this behavior to the Autodesk Revit Development Team using the link below:

Autodesk Product Support

The following link is setup for you to submit feature requests, or feedback, directly to our Development group:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 6 of 10
Engr4life
in reply to: CoreyDaun

This worked for the 25mm insulation, in some instances, but not for every duct with insulation. It didn't work at all for any duct with the 50mm insulation.. Any ideas? I'm using the 1.5mm diagonal hatch for the 25mm and the 1.5 mm diagonal cross for the 50mm.

Message 7 of 10
bvm76

make sure the duct insulation is switch off under visibility graphics.

i tried the 1.5mm diagonal cross hatch and it works. try to change from 25mm to 50mm if it refresh.

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered!
Thank You.
Message 8 of 10
Engr4life

That did the trick!
Message 9 of 10
Sujan.Maharjan

Hatch is visible but i need to show insulation line as well?

"Revit Lies in the tension between what we want to do and what can be done!"
Message 10 of 10

Add insulation. Make filter to control hatching of insulation.

jeremycolombe_0-1703013376974.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report