Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hanger rod problems

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
revitworkbench
530 Views, 5 Replies

hanger rod problems

Ok, so my hanger rod heights seem to be driven by an parameter known a  reporting parameter. Since the addin seems to be using this parameter to flex the rod length, I have to find a way to lock my bang-it to the top of it. However since my insert family is a nested family, it doesnt let me lock it to a reference plane, and I cannot associate the reporting parameter with the top of the bang-it insert because it says that you cant assign mulit-dimensions to a reporting parameter. (evien if the dimesions are the same). I tried creating a new dimesion parameter and setting it equal to this reporting parameter but it wouldnt let me do that either. I also tried deleting the reporting paramters associated dimension and reassigning it to the top of the insert, but that seemed to have no effect. I would also like to some how shorten the rod length to meet at the bottom of the insert, but that doesnt seem like a different issue, kind of the same issue:How do I manipulate this reporting parameter?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
CoreyDaun
in reply to: revitworkbench

You should be able to somehow constrain your nested family to a Reference Plane. Can you post the Family file here?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 6
revitworkbench
in reply to: CoreyDaun

I can send you via email if you like
Message 4 of 6

I just need your email address again please, I cant be sure which one is yours. Thanks
Message 5 of 6
CoreyDaun
in reply to: revitworkbench

Reporting Parameters only read information, they do not actually control any elements in the Family. Check out this WikiHelp page on Reporting Parameters to learn more.

Regarding your Nested Family, you should be able to use the Align command (AL) to select a Reference Plane, select an appropriate parallel face of your Nested Family, and then click the lock icon to constrain it.

One thing I noticed about this Family is that its Category is set to Pipe Accessories; isn't this meant for a Duct?

I don't know how much more help I can be on this one, since this seems to be driven by an Add-in that I have zero familiarity with.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 6 of 6
revitworkbench
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Thanks! I dont know why but I never thought of using the align tool in the elevation view, I almost always work in 3D so it never even crossed my mind in the elevation view with the planes! lol Thank you thank you! Ill be able to get the rest from here

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report