Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Grouped fittings

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
318 Views, 2 Replies

Grouped fittings

Hi There,

This is probably a dumb question as I'm fairly new to Revit but I have many projects where I use the same arrangement of pipe fittings time and time again.

An example is a pump discharge where I more or less always use a pipe transition, then a rubber coupling, then a check valve and then an isolating valve.

Rather than build this up everytime, can I build this as a familly or somehting else and then import it when required.

Thanks

Paul  

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
L.Maas
in reply to: Anonymous

I would not use this approach. There are a few problems with this . Pipes are system families and thus can not be used in families. You would have to make pieces pipe that will not be the same as the pipes inside your project. Connectors work only in the host family. So you would have to place new connectors inside the host family.

A better solution might be to create your standard assembly in a project. Group the assembly. Save that group to your library. Wheneven you need that assemble you can load that group, see load as group on the insert tab of the ribbon. In the project you can then (if needed) ungroup it again

Another approach would be to make it part of your project template.

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: L.Maas

Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report