Revit MEP

Contributor
ahawks.gmci
Message 1 of 3 (518 Views)

Grand Total Schedule

518 Views, 2 Replies
03-19-2010 09:24 AM
I am trying to create a schedule that will show the grand total of a special item, for example the total amount of how many air terminals I have or how many 2" 90 degree elbows I have, is there a way how to do this? When I try I get the schedule and it is all done by a quanity of 1 instead or grand total. Is there also a way to show what is the grand total of footage I have of piping?
Distinguished Mentor
asommer
Message 2 of 3 (518 Views)

Re: Grand Total Schedule

03-19-2010 10:23 AM in reply to: ahawks.gmci
Go into the View Properties on the schedule. Under the sorting and grouping tab, there is a Grand Totals check box, and an Itemize every Instance check box. also, under the Formatting tab, there is a Calculate totals check box. this is an option only for certain items, but i know I've used it before. good luck!
Valued Contributor
RandMan
Message 3 of 3 (310 Views)

Re: Grand Total Schedule

10-23-2012 03:37 PM in reply to: asommer

I can add one tip:  You can't total text.  The chekbox is greyed-out if the parameter is not a number.  You can make-up a bunch of text parameters that "look" like numbers, but don't expect the Revit engine to know what to do with them. 

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.