Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good source for sch 80 PVC items?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
1425 Views, 7 Replies

Good source for sch 80 PVC items?

Hi everyone, 

I'm struggling to find a source for sch 80 pvc pipes etc, to download for use in Revit. Sch 40 seems to be all that is offered out of the box.

I must be looking in the wrong places... Help!

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
CoreyDaun
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello, and welcome to the Discussion Groups! Sorry for the delay of response...

Have you tried searching on Autodesk Seek? Also, check with a few manufacturers; a lot of them have Revit Families available for free download on their websites.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Hi Corey! Thanks for the response!

I've tried both of those, unfortunately, to no avail.

Fortunately I did find an option to change a pipe from sch 40 to sch 80 in the editor, so I think the pipe should be ok now, but I am wondering what I should do about the fittings. Frustratingly the fittings don't have the same options in the editor.

There are only about 10 fittings in my project, just repeated over and over, so I've been thinking about editing some of the stock fittings to be the right size and material. (My reducers, for example, need to be longer than the reducers that come with the program out of the box - I want to kind of stretch them out).

Can I use the family editor to do that? I've tried a few times, but I can't figure out how to actually change the part once it's in the family editor.  

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

I had to create our whole library of schedule 80 PVC fittings, for the elbows I modified what was out of the box to fit because I could not for the life of me figure how the center to end formula applied to the geometry. In any case, I'm going to try to teach you how to fish on this one, if you absolutely can't figure it out I can send you several documents that will get you on your way. I'm not sending you them now because you will encounter situations like this on a regular basis and you need to know how to use the internet to find what you need.

If you want to create schedule 80 fittings then you need to know how to use the family editor. More specifically, you need to learn how to create parametric families that use lookup tables. Google is your friend here, most times when you search you will sift through links to forums which have posts that link to relevant material. So for now, google how to create parametric fittings. If you get stuck let me know and I will send you documents.

Message 5 of 8
smbrennan

Other than quantification, are you using the fittings for anything in the project? Are they placed exactly where you specify them? 

Shawn B.

|   
To help improve Autodesk Products, please Click Here to Vote for ideas and submit your own.
Message 6 of 8
iamwhatiam1234
in reply to: smbrennan

plz send us the documents so that we can learn i cant find the solutions in google
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: smbrennan

Yes we use these fittings for our layouts, we incorporate them into our pipe routing preferences so they are automatically placed.
Message 8 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: iamwhatiam1234

This reply has been edited by the moderation team as the legacy links were no longer valid.

http://www.dccadd.net/papers/Tutorial%20-%20Creating%20Parametric%20Families%20in%20Revit%20MEP%202010.pdf 

http://au.autodesk.com/au-online/classes-on-demand/class-catalog/2013/revit-for-architects/ab2922-l 

Read everything thoroughly, multiple times if needed. There is a ton of information right there and should be all that you need.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report