Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Globally turn off elements?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
thombrady
584 Views, 2 Replies

Globally turn off elements?

Is there a way to hide elements (Generic Annotations) across multiple dependent views. I cannot turn off in VV because some elements I need on are also Generic Annotations. I need to shut off the same text & at least (6) different types of Generic Annotations. I need to do this to at least 24 drawings & currently I go in & Temporary hide elements in view. A workaround but there should be a way to globally do this. When I create text at a matchline it shows up in multiple views but you cannot shut it off in multiple, is that the way it works?

I have even tried changing the Family Category of the element I am trying to keep shown but cannot. ANY Suggestions.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
SteveKStafford
in reply to: thombrady

Part of the design intent of dependent views is the same things show up in the parent and dependent views. The only thing that can be different is the crop boundary and the annotation crop boundary. You might be able to adjust the latter to limit how much other annotation appears. To some degree it's you get some bad with the good. Concern about seeing something twice has always been a worry because they might not be the same in "drawings".

You described a few different conditions that are bothering you. Can you post a screen shot or two to show what is happening?

My other older self here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/46056
Message 3 of 3
thombrady
in reply to: SteveKStafford

Thanks Steve but I do not think it would be worth it. You basically answered what i knew anyways. Would be a nice wishlist item. An option under temporarily Hide/Isolate to globally Hide/Isolate all. OH Well.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report