Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting rid of shared parameters

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Engr4life
3818 Views, 9 Replies

Getting rid of shared parameters

So I wanted to try dabbling in shared parameters for labeling purposes. The experiment was a success; however, in my infinite wisdom I created a slightly profane test parameter that I can't seem to delete from the project template. I deleted the shared parameter test file and yet it still remains:

Capture.PNG

Any help would be appreciated before others in my office see this....

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
L.Maas
in reply to: Engr4life

Once the sharred parameter is loaded into the project it has nothing to do with the shared project parameter file anymore (no life link between them).

So depending how the shared parameter is added in the project (e.g. inside families, as project parameter) you have to delete them from there.

If it is in a family you will have to edit the family. If it is as a project parameter you have to remove it from there.

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 3 of 10
Engr4life
in reply to: L.Maas

How do I edit the family to remove it? I've gone into the family that it shows up for (supply grills) and gone to the shared parameters in the manage tab. I get an error message saying that the shared parameter file is missing (because I deleted it) and then the resulting window has no parameters to edit or do anything with.
Message 4 of 10
itsramg

Just go to Project Parameter setings and remove it otherwise in Family editor go to Parameter dialog box and remove it from there

Message 5 of 10
itsramg
in reply to: itsramg

Message 6 of 10
L.Maas

Open the family so that you will be in the family editor.

Go to Family types, Select the parameter you wish to delete and press remove. Confirm with yes (if parameter is in use at the moment).

Delete Parameter.png

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 7 of 10
pchan

I know this is an old thread. I have a similar issue and there was no way for me to delete the shared parameter. I have SP in the project. Normally I can delete it from the project parameter setting under manage; or I can delete this from the schedule (it is a parameter called "hardware" for door schedule)

The odd thing this SP is not showing up under project parameter setting. 

Any ideas?

Thanks

Message 8 of 10
fabiosato
in reply to: pchan

Hello,

It is possible that the Shared Parameter has the visibity option set to 0, so you won´t be able to remove it from Revit without some help.

I heard from CTC staff that it may be possible but not easy.

Fábio Sato
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 9 of 10
itsramg
in reply to: pchan

Then It might be the Shared parameter is coming through the Door Family you have created. Get rid of it from there ( I mean from family and follow the below)!..

It will go but make sure that when you are loading family back into revit in the popup dialog box please choose the last option Called " Overight Family and its parameters"

Then you are good to go.

Message 10 of 10
sarsenault2CCSS

@L.MaasMy template has a lot of extra parameters. The problems is that they are not filed, they are blank.

Is there an easy way to find to which family it belongs so that I can hunt and delete the parameters?

Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report