Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generic Annotaion Line Weights

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
ckreiley
4921 Views, 4 Replies

Generic Annotaion Line Weights

We are using Revit MEP 2010. I am using the Generic Annotations family template to create my schematic/one-line symbols. My reason for using this template is so that they will scale properly according the scale I have set. The problem I have with using this template is that you can't create different Line Styles. I want to add another Line Style so that I can change the line weight. Any ideas out there? What is everybody else doing to create schematics?

thanks, Chris
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Jrobker
in reply to: ckreiley

You can.
In a family you create your linestyles in Object styles.
Manage-->Settings-->Object Styles
When this family is loaded into a project the linestyles will be a sub-category of generic annotations.
"It's hardware that makes a machine fast. It's software that makes a fast machine slow."

Message 3 of 5
ckreiley
in reply to: ckreiley

Thanks. I will look into that when I get a chance. We are trying to get all of our autocad blocks and symbols into revit and we are kind of feeling our way thru the process.

Thanks again,
Chris
Message 4 of 5
gmilesg1969
in reply to: Jrobker

I tried this but my "Settings" icon is greyed out. 

Any thoughts?

Message 5 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: gmilesg1969

Hello, and welcome to the Discussion Groups!

While you are in the Family Editor, "Structural Settings" and/or "MEP Settings" is greyed-out, which is probably what you are seeing. The previous post is referring to "Settings" as the Panel Name on the Ribbon. If you wish to create new Subcategories, go to Object Styles. If you wish to modify/add Line Patterns, you can find that under "Additional Settings▼". See image below.

FamilyEditorRibbon.JPG

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report