Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

gbXML : import back results

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
1063 Views, 8 Replies

gbXML : import back results

Hi,

I can't find any information on Revit MEP gbXML import.

I have a very basic case where I export 2 spaces in gbXML, compute some HeatLoad in another software, and then want to import resuslts back into Revit.

Is there a place/wiki/help/somebody that could tell me what is the exact syntax Revit is expecting when reading gbXML "Results" tag ?

The following example does not work (Checkboxes are grayed in the Revit import dialog) :

<gbXML ....>

<Campus>

<Building>

<Space id="sp-1-Espace">

<CADObjectId>173843</CADObjectId>

</Space>

</Building>

</Campus>

<Results id="sp-1-Espace" unit="Watt" resultsType="HeatLoad">
      <Value>200.000000</Value>
      <ObjectId>sp-1-Espace</ObjectId>
      <CADObjectId>173843</CADObjectId>
   </Results>

</gbXML>

Thanks ;o)

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Alaaeldin_Alsahli
in reply to: Anonymous

What error message are you getting when you are trying to importe your gbxml?

Alaaeldin Alsahli

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted. ⇘
Message 3 of 9
Alaaeldin_Alsahli

you should check this

http://autodesk.lithium.com/t5/Revit-Architecture/gbXML-import-into-Revit-Architecture-2011/td-p/269...

try to create spaces and zone and do heating and cooling load calculation in the analyzing tab in revit, export it in gbxml and then update the data with your analytical software and then re-import it

Alaaeldin Alsahli

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted. ⇘
Message 4 of 9
Alaaeldin_Alsahli

try to change

unit="Watt" to

unit="Watts"

Alaaeldin Alsahli

Message 5 of 9
Alaaeldin_Alsahli

if you need more info about gbxml you could visite thier site

http://www.gbxml.org/currentschema.php

Alaaeldin Alsahli

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Alaaeldin_Alsahli

Hi Alaaeldin_Alsah,

Many thanks for your suggestions.

Actually, I've already read all the informations that you link without success.

By the way, I've managed to make it work, and here is the explanations in case somebody else need it.

Revit is almost fully gbXML compliant as far as export is concerned.

But when it comes to import, the things are very different.

In one word : Revit is not gbXML compliant for import !

For Revit to be able to recognize results in a gbXML file, there are mandatories :

1. One or more Results nodes must be present under the root gbXML node.

2. Each individual Results node must have at least the following informations :

- Attribut objectIdRef with value = Id of the node for which this result is for (Campus/Building/Space in my case).

- Attribut resultsType with value = type of result (HeatLoad in my case).

- Attribut unit with value = type of unit the result is given (Watt in my case).

- Attribut Value with value = value of the result in the given unit.

- Attribut DOE22objectType with value = integer value for the object type (1005060 in my case).

- Attribut DOE22resultType with value = integer value for the result type (in my case).

3. For each objectIdRef above, a valid node must exists under Campus with the right Id.

Values for DOE22objectType and DOE22resultType are not part of the gbXML standard.

Here are some values I've extracted from a third party software that creates gbXML files Revit "understands" :

resultsType => DOE22objectType 

Flow => 2201045

CoolingLoad => 1005059

HeatLoad => 1005060

DOE22resultType was always 1.

Finally, if Revit doesn't show the import dialog when importing a gbXML file, there is a great chance that the Results nodes are missing.

If the dialog is shown but all checkboxes are grayed, it means that at least one Results node is present but Revit do not understand it.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

Two more things i've forgotten :

The node under Campus (Space in my case) must have a CADObjectId value that links to the Revit Element concerned by the results.

For example <CADObjectId >152365</CADObjectId > with 152365 the ElementId integer value of the Space which the HeatLoad result is for.

The Value node under Results node must have a value given with a "dot" decimal separator, no matter the langage of the installed Revit (mine is French, french decimal separator is "comma", but Revit is expecting a "dot").

Message 8 of 9
ngerasim

The only gbXML files with results that can be imported into Revit are from Green Building Studio and only those which were created after gbXML export from Revit.

gbXML files directly from GBS contain only "Supply airflow" for zones and nothing more. But keeps all names of spaces and zones. The best gbXML export from Revit is provided by IES-VE plug-in, geometry in this case is almost ideal.

Interesting, energy analysis inside Revit creates a much more detailed gbXML file in Results section, but all names of surfaces, spaces and zones are absolutely abstract and look like "aimxxxxxx". So they cannot be imported back. 

Energy analysis is still the biggest problem for Autodesk - GBS still does not produce quantitatively correct results. All models must be fixed and calculated in DOE or E+ with no chance to integrate the results back into Revit.

Message 9 of 9
jdsouza
in reply to: Alaaeldin_Alsahli

gbXML : import results from Trace "the given key was not present in directory"

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report