Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gate Valves from Seek

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
RickGraham
998 Views, 2 Replies

Gate Valves from Seek

Hi all,

I am trying to use a gate valve from Autodesk Seek. I found a nice one but I have some questions regarding it. Not too versed in intermediate modeling yet, so trying to get my learn on.

If you look at the Medium Detail level pic on the left,the valve stems are facing down. I thought it was one of those "depending on which way you drew the pipe" deals, but the top pie is same as the bottom. When I rotate the valve, it looks okay in the Medium Detail view but the 3D representation then shows te valve upside down (stem pointing to the ground). How can I fix this?

If I want to rotate the valve, say 45 degrees to the pipe, then the Medium detail view shows NO valve (just a line) while the 3D view shows it just fine. How do I fix this? Is there a setting that says "while I am viewing this in Medium Detail, show the valve like this no matter how it is rotated"?

Thanks in advance for the lessons I will learn.

Rick

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
RickGraham
in reply to: RickGraham

PS, yes I am aware that the smaller valve is inserted into a larger pipe. Just trying to see what it will/will not do.

Rick

Message 3 of 3
CoreyDaun
in reply to: RickGraham

I am going to guess that the valve's linework is represented by Symbolic Lines or maybe even by a Generic Annotation. If this is the case, then the annotation will not display unless the Family is parallel to the current View. You can test this with a basic Receptacle Family placed on a wall face - if it is rotated as little as 1 degree (in a Section View), the Annotation vanishes from Plan View.

If this is the case, then there aren't really any easy solutions to this. The most straightforward would be to copy it and create a separate Family for the 45 degree angle valve.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report