Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formulas for Annotations

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1133 Views, 3 Replies

Formulas for Annotations

Is there a way to get a zero value to not show up when tagging a fixture without having three different family types within the annotation tag ?

Can a formula be written to exclude the zeros within a single label ?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: Anonymous

You cannot force your parameter to a null value (either manually or via formula) which would be the only way to get the Tag to ignore it. The only way to have a single Tag Type with all three of those parameters referenced as behave as you describe, is to ensure that the 0-value parameters do not exist with the Family. This means that you will need to have either multiple Tag Types, or multiple Family Files for the associated elements.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Thanks for the reply.  I just stumbled onto something, when you create a new family from the Generic Model template and change the Family Category and Parameters to Plumbing Fixtures the WFU, CWFU, and HWFU values are blank (no value at all, just blank).

In my current family I can't delete the unwanted FU's, CW & HW, the delete option is "greyed" out.  I just changed the Category to Electrical Fixture and I was able to delete the CWFU & HWFU, I then changed it back to Plumbing Fixture and the zero values are gone, they are just blank and no longer show up as zero's for my tagging.

That just made my day.  I can now tag without the zero's showing up and I can schedule them without all the zero's showing up.

Message 4 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: Anonymous

Nicely done! That's a good trick.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report