Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flex Duct Hatch/Fill

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
%4seasons%
2242 Views, 7 Replies

Flex Duct Hatch/Fill

Is it possible to provide hatch/fill to flex duct (as attached)?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
CoreyDaun
in reply to: %4seasons%

Not directly, but it can be done by adding Duct Insulation to it and then targeting that with a View Filter. I created a new Type of Duct Insulation, called "Flex Hatch". When I applied it, I set the thickness to a minute size. If needed, Schedules can exclude this by filtering out this particular Type of Duct Insulation.

FlexDuctHatch.JPG

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 8
%4seasons%
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Hi Corey,

Is it possible to add insulation to flex duct as a default?
Message 4 of 8
CoreyDaun
in reply to: %4seasons%

I don't think that's possible, unfortunately.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 8
Mehdi.Kardehi

Hi Corey,

I just came to the same issue..

I made a fiter for flex ducts by selecting flex ducts and defining pattern as attached...

Could you please explain why it doesnt work? I am trying to make it work without adding isulation to the flex.

Message 6 of 8
CoreyDaun
in reply to: Mehdi.Kardehi

On a Plan View, Flex Duct is not represented by actual geometry, but rather a symbolic Flex Pattern, so there is simply no visible surface to inherit the Surface Hatch Pattern. However, the Insulation placed upon Flex Duct is represented by actual geometry, hence this work-around.

Message 7 of 8
Mehdi.Kardehi

Hey Correy,

What pattern have you used to achieve above hexagonal look? I dont have it in mine and cant make it using pattern creators like http://www.revitlog.nl/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=382:revithatchbuilder-englisch&c...

Cheers,

M

Message 8 of 8
CoreyDaun
in reply to: Mehdi.Kardehi

One can set the "Flex Pattern" of a segment of Flex Duct under the element's Properties, and it must be done on an "instance" basis. the The available patterns of Flex Duct are hard-coded, and you are limited to what the software offers. The one I used in the above image is "Flex 2".

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report