Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flex duct flex pattern

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Adam.Lilyquist_LHB
9282 Views, 5 Replies

Flex duct flex pattern

I know how to change the "flex pattern" of a flex duct once you have inserted it into the project, but i would like to know how to change the 'default' flex pattern, so i do not have to change each and every piece of flex duct i put in. Any ideas?
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
kemnor
in reply to: Adam.Lilyquist_LHB

The way we have worked is the standard flex duct looks like a train track. This looks a bit pony (in our view).
If you freeze the centre line in the layer control, the flex then becomes double line.
Refer to the iso view attached
Cheers
Pan
Message 3 of 6

You can't. The Graphics parameter is not included in the type properties, and you cannot edit the family.
Draw all your flex and when your done select all instances and change at once in element properties.
"It's hardware that makes a machine fast. It's software that makes a fast machine slow."

Message 4 of 6

Bummer! But thanks for the reply.
Message 5 of 6

You CAN do it!

it all starts with the Project Template file;

1. open the template file for your projects
  2. create a flex duct, use 2 points for placement
  3. change the Flex Pattern the style you 'd like
  4. use Create Similar to create another one using that Flex Pattern
  5. it now creates a flex duct with the desired flex pattern
  6. delete the 2 flex ducts
  7. save the template, close it
  8. start a new project using the update template
  9. use the flex duct button
  10. the flex duct being created now has the desired flex pattern

same with flex pipes

all the credits to Fernando Olveira 🙂

Message 6 of 6

Hi Snomojo23,

You can set it by default in your project by doing the following :

1. In 2015 version, go to "Systems" menu, select "Flex Duct" from HVAC group (as attached file, image 1).

2. From properties box, select your desired Flex Pattern (as attached file, image 2). Start using the selected flex pattern in your project by clicking in your screen, you can just hit Esc key after clicking to discontinue or you can just continue using the flex duct. The point is once you have done that it will now be your default Flex Pattern every time you use it.

You can do the same procedure in your template, make it by default by doing item 1 & 2 above and save your template. Everytime you start with a new project using the template, it will always be your default Flex Pattern.

Ryan Ortega
MEP BIM Lead
Aurecon Group - Dubai, UAE
www.ryanortega-bimportfolio.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report