Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flex Conduit

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
ari.mont
8699 Views, 11 Replies

Flex Conduit

Hi,

How can I do flex conduites in Revit MEP 2011?

Thanks,

Ari Monteiro

Dharma Sistemas

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Revit_is_Useless
in reply to: ari.mont

you can't.

Message 3 of 12

Nice handle RiU! It makes me feel like I'm almost worth what I'm paid.

Ari, conduit is new in 2011 so expect it to take a few releases before it does everything thats needed.

In the mean time, you can use a flexible pipe still.

Message 4 of 12
fitogm81
in reply to: embolisim

I try so, but how you connect a Duct into a electrical connector or installation. Revit wont let you.

Message 5 of 12
CoreyDaun
in reply to: fitogm81

You will have to open the family for editing and then place another Connector of the desired type in the same place as the electrical connector. You then must reload the family into the project, overwriting the previous.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 6 of 12
TRISKELION15
in reply to: ari.mont

I have done that before but unfortunately it is not allowed. Electrical connector and conduit connector are only for conduit system family

but not for flex pipes.

Message 7 of 12
CoreyDaun
in reply to: TRISKELION15

Hello, and welcome to the Discussion Groups!

You are correct: you cannot edit the Conduit itself to add the Connector. To elaborate on my previous post, you must place a Conduit Fitting on the end of the Conduit (such as a Union) and add the Connected to that Family. On the equipment side, you must edit the Family and add a Connector to it if you wish to have the Flex Pipe actually connect to the Equipment.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 8 of 12
TRISKELION15
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Thank you for your quick response. But I'm talking about here electrical fixure and lighting fixture, flex pipe can't recognize snap everytime I try to

connect it to the said fixture, even in editing family of that fixture I can't see any modify buttons to connect my flex pipes.

Message 9 of 12
CoreyDaun

You have to add a standard Pipe Connector to your Family - there is no specific Flex Pipe Connector.

FlexPipeAsConduit.JPG

Message 10 of 12
TRISKELION15

Thank you for this very useful idea. But what I'm worrying about when I make my schedule of my quantities maybe flex pipe will include on my schedule instead of flexible conduit, I'm referring to Bill of quanties 

Message 11 of 12
CoreyDaun

Yes, you will have to create a Flex Pipe Schedule and disguise it as a Flex Conduit Schedule (simply by renaming it). If you create a specific Flex Pipe Type called "Flexible Conduit", you should be able to set up a Filter in your Schedule to display only the elements of that particular Type.

Message 12 of 12
KotairaKeila

I have opened a request to be voted on regarding the existence of the flexible conduit, to avoid the alternative use of flex pipes for plumbing purposes or generic adaptive components. Who knows, if more people vote, this old request is prioritized. If you agree too, please, help by voting at the link below:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-ideas/flex-conduits/idi-p/8794216?advanced=false&collapse_discu...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report