Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flanges

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
brane1012
1015 Views, 6 Replies

Flanges

Hi!

I have a problem using flanges. When I put flange manually, then valve and then another flange on the valve it works perfectly (see Picture 1). Next step is to draw a pipe from the last flange (see Picture 2) and when I try to do that flange simply disappears (see Picture 3) but when I draw a pipe towards the flange (and connect it) (see Picture 4) the flange remains at place (see Picture 5) – but if I try to edit that pipe (length or something like that) the flange again disappear.

Where is the problem?! J

I have also attached the Revit test project file!

Best regards, Branimir Segotic

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
brane1012
in reply to: brane1012

Anyone?!

Spoiler
Smiley Frustrated

Message 3 of 7
daleg77

It looks as though the pipe type you are trying to place does not have a  flange family associated with it.

It is much easier to let Revit place your flanges automatically.

Go to Families in the project browser and then:

Pipes-Pipe Types and setup a new pipe type by copying an existing family type e.g. set up a Steel or Steel Flanged pipe type. Then go to type properties of the created pipe type and then routing preferences.

Load in a flange family and then set the sizes for this i.e min 65mm max 150mm in the drop down list.

Revit will then place flanges automatically when using this pipe type for sizes between your min and max settings.

Message 4 of 7
daleg77

I've just checked the test file you posted.

Just set your min and max values as attached in routing preferences, delete your flanges and pipes, then when you draw pipe from the valve, Revit will place flanges automatically.

Message 5 of 7
brane1012

BUMP!

Did anyone in the meantime find a solution for this problem?

Best regards, Branimir Segotic

Message 6 of 7
bvm76

I had a look at the 'test' file you posted and the flange under routing preferences set to none. Change this to all and this should solve the issue.

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered!
Thank You.
Message 7 of 7
daleg77

The solution was posted and works fine for automatically placing flanges as I described in my previous post.

Either use the settings  that I posted if you only want to place flanges on pipes of certain sizes or as bvm76 wrote, select 'all' if you want to place flanges on all of your pipe sizes.

The settings are under the routing preferences for your pipe type in the project browser:

Pipes-pipe types-Besavne celicne cijevi

Right click on your pipe type  Besavne celicne cijevi-type properties-routing preferences-edit and the settings are under flange.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report