Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fittings won't connect

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
4346 Views, 6 Replies

Fittings won't connect

HELP!!!  I have been modeling sloped waste piping all day and it has been working fine (as fine as Revit sloped piping gets, that is.)  All of a sudden, when I try to place a fitting, a wye for instance, it won't place it in the pipe when I hover over it, which is how I have placed the last dozen or so.  It placed a little tiny wye fitting, but I could tell that it wasn't connected to my pi[e and when I went into section view, it was at the floor level.  What is going on?  I know some setting had to be changed somehow but I have no idea how I could have done it.  Thanks!

Jess

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
julianjameson8403
in reply to: Anonymous

Instaed of trying to get the fitting to cut into the pipe, are you using the inherit elevation tool? I find that makes life a little easier when taking branches out from drain runs.

One option may be - did you de-selct the connect automatically option in the ribbon when placing some pipe previously?

If my reply answers your query, please use the Accept as Solution.
Please give Kudos as appropriate to enhance the value of these forums.

Thank you!
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: julianjameson8403

You know, this is crazy... I was thinking it seemed like a glitch in Revit, so I shut it down & reopened it last night.  That didn't change anything.  However, when I came into the office this morning, it's working again.  I didn't de-select the "connect automatically" button because it was working on certain portions of the pipe, but not others.  Now it's all working fine again.  That's such a comforting thing about Revit.  You NEVER KNOW if it's a glitch in the program or something you did.  However, thanks for the info about the "inherit elevation" tool.  I'm going to look into that. 

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

I spoke too soon.  Now it's not working on the segment of pipe I was adjusting yesterday but NOT on other other parts of my pipe.  I went to the pipe tool and clicked the Inherit Elevation and Inherit size tool but it didn't help, no change.  This is so strange.

Message 5 of 7
julianjameson8403

I'm assuming you have the same pipe types with the correct fittings loaded in on the same phase, etc, etc. Also I assume you have the pipe slope in the correct direction, slope value etc. Not being rude but just checking you haven't missed something simple or obvious.

I have found that if the pipes being connected into have minute differences in their angles to pipes up stream or down stream from 90%, then it won't connect.

Have you tried isolating these pipes in a view and rtying to connect them with nothing else visible to try and avoid interference from other objects?

If my reply answers your query, please use the Accept as Solution.
Please give Kudos as appropriate to enhance the value of these forums.

Thank you!
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: julianjameson8403

I have double checked all of your suggestions, just to make sure I didn't miss something.  I even went through and selected several pieces of pipe throughout the project to see what differences showed up in the properties.  Everything is correct.  I would know if it wasn't though because I have everything filtered to show up by color and by workset so it would either be black or not show up at all if something was incorrect.  Isolating the pipe was a good idea.  I had an issue like that with the RCP, so I thought you may have been on the right track with this one but it didn't resolve the problem either.  I looked at the fitting family itself, but it's not just the one I'm trying to use.  It's doing this with all of the pipe fittings.  I'm stumped. 

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Oh my goodness.  Figured it out.  This is ridiculous.  It was the slope value in Slope Editor.  I had to change it to 0"/12" for a completely different piece of pipe but apparently that setting affects the pipe fitting placement.  Once I changed that back to 1/4"/12" it worked. 

Thanks,

~ Jess

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report