Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitting Issues

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Adam.Lilyquist_LHB
334 Views, 4 Replies

Fitting Issues

A few times a day, when i try to save, I get this message "The family is connected in a duct/pipe network and can no longer keep the connectivity. Disconnect the family from the network?" and my only option if i want to save is to disconnect the duct or pipe from the fitting. Then I can go back after i save and reconnect them, and save again and everything is fine. It seems random, it will happen on a duct I havent touched in over a week, and sometimes it happens on multiple connections at the same time, so I have had to disconnect up to ten different fittings at a time and reconnect them again, a huge waste of time since there was nothing wrong with them the way they were if it lets me save the next time I try. Anybody out there experiencing this?
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Yes. It happens on pipework too.
We just leave them disconnected, which isnt very good practise, but you have to balance that against the hours you book to the project.
Message 3 of 5

Ok, good to know someone else is doing that too now. It kind of ruins the whole point of Revit, that everything is a "system" and its all connected and its an actual building not just a drawing. Just one more argument that nothing is wrong with AutoCAD! Thanks for your help.
Message 4 of 5
ekuz
in reply to: Adam.Lilyquist_LHB

This thing is absolutely horrific.

A show-stopper.

It's even worse with a large team and the resulting worksharing issues when you CANT delete or disconnect because someone else owns the object.

Anyone have answers?
Message 5 of 5

We have this issue also.
This is just *one more issue we have to deal with.

*(start recounting after 1,000,000)
"It's hardware that makes a machine fast. It's software that makes a fast machine slow."

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report