Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fire Alarm Symbol Plan vs. Ceiling

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
bvm76
2483 Views, 5 Replies

Fire Alarm Symbol Plan vs. Ceiling

Hi,

Why are my fire alarm sysmbols shown in plan view opposite in ceiling view (please see attached)?

Any suggestion/comments will be much appreciated.

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered!
Thank You.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
CoreyDaun
in reply to: bvm76

Could you attach your Family file? Also, what version of Revit are you using?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 6
bvm76
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Hi Corey,

Please see attached family as requested. I am using Revit Version 2013.

Thank You.
Message 4 of 6
CoreyDaun

In your Family, disable "Maintain Annotation Orientation" - you can find this under Properties with nothing selected OR by going to Family Category and Parameters. This behavior is due to the Reflected Ceiling Plan viewing the object from the opposite direction with Revit trying to maintain the appropriate orientation.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 6
bvm76
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Great!

What is the main purpose of this and when to use it?
Thank You.
Message 6 of 6
CoreyDaun

It's a case-by-case setting - enable it if you need it. I can't immediately think of an example of when I would want to enable this option.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report