Valued Contributor
bvm76
Message 1 of 6 (571 Views)
Accepted Solution

Fire Alarm Symbol Plan vs. Ceiling

571 Views, 5 Replies
01-22-2014 05:15 AM

Hi,

Why are my fire alarm sysmbols shown in plan view opposite in ceiling view (please see attached)?

Any suggestion/comments will be much appreciated.

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered!
Thank You.

It's a case-by-case setting - enable it if you need it. I can't immediately think of an example of when I would want to enable this option.

*Expert Elite*
CADastrophe
Message 2 of 6 (551 Views)

Re: Fire Alarm Symbol Plan vs. Ceiling

01-22-2014 07:51 AM in reply to: bvm76

Could you attach your Family file? Also, what version of Revit are you using?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Valued Contributor
bvm76
Message 3 of 6 (541 Views)

01-22-2014 09:21 AM in reply to: CADastrophe

Hi Corey,

Please see attached family as requested. I am using Revit Version 2013.

Thank You.
*Expert Elite*
CADastrophe
Message 4 of 6 (535 Views)

01-22-2014 09:46 AM in reply to: bvm76

In your Family, disable "Maintain Annotation Orientation" - you can find this under Properties with nothing selected OR by going to Family Category and Parameters. This behavior is due to the Reflected Ceiling Plan viewing the object from the opposite direction with Revit trying to maintain the appropriate orientation.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Valued Contributor
bvm76
Message 5 of 6 (515 Views)

01-23-2014 12:12 AM in reply to: CADastrophe
Great!

What is the main purpose of this and when to use it?
Thank You.
*Expert Elite*
CADastrophe
Message 6 of 6 (505 Views)

01-23-2014 07:38 AM in reply to: bvm76

It's a case-by-case setting - enable it if you need it. I can't immediately think of an example of when I would want to enable this option.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!