Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filters

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
CarrieHoffman02
279 Views, 4 Replies

Filters

I have my chilled and heating water pipes set up in filters with different colors so I know which one is which, but I hate having to redifine my filters if I happen to cut a new section, or create a new view. Is there a way to make each filter be the same color, without having to fix it all the time?

Thanks

Carrie

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
abulla
in reply to: CarrieHoffman02

If you're using 2012, you can specify colors through System Types rather than filters. Just right-click on the system (Domestic Cold Water for example) and go to Type Properties, then Graphic Overrides.

Message 3 of 5
CarrieHoffman02
in reply to: abulla

When I edit the type I am editing the piping system type (Hydronic Supply or Return) and not each individual system name. I have 2 Hydronic Supplies and 2 Hydronic Returns, CHS, CHR, HWS, & HWR. I want each pipe to be a different color, which I have done this using filters. Maybe I am doing something wrong?

Message 4 of 5

Create a View Template of all the filters and just apply the view template to your views. When applying view templates remember that  you don't have to apply every option - just tick the view options you want the template to affect.

One other tip - filters are applied in the order they appear in the list so if they vioews don't display as expected, check your rules and the order they appear in the VG list.

@Abulla is correct regardging the graphical over-rides but they don't allow filters to work and they also over-ride the insulation on pipes, ducts, etc. Also if printing using the greyscale option - you will get greyscale lines for the services which have this global graphical over-ride.

If my reply answers your query, please use the Accept as Solution.
Please give Kudos as appropriate to enhance the value of these forums.

Thank you!
Message 5 of 5

I never saw the check boxes beside each option. Wow that works great! Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report