Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

filters copy from one file to another file

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
aniket_aam
13913 Views, 11 Replies

filters copy from one file to another file

Dear All,

How can I copy created filters from one file to another file ? 

Kindly let me know as soon as possible if anybody has a solution of my question.

Regards,

Aniket Manjrekar

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
CoreyDaun
in reply to: aniket_aam

Open the project that you wish to transfer them to. Go to Manage Tab » Transfer Project Settings and a dialog box will appear. Choose from which project to copy the filters from, and then ensure that the Filters checkbox is checked, along with anything else you would like to transfer.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 12
aniket_aam

Thank u so much for ur reply.

I have tried it but by using that tool we can only transfer the projects standards like annotations, sizes, types, settings, etc.

I want to transfer filters, worksets, familys and all those thing which i have inserted in that perticular file.

Regards,

Aniket Manjrekar

Message 4 of 12
CoreyDaun

You should be able to use that tool to transfer filters as well. It works even in RMEP2010. The filters that you transfer must be added to the view in which you want to apply them - they do not automatically apply themselves to views. You can also transfer View Templates and then assign them to views. Below is an image of the dialog box I am referring to...

Transfer.jpg

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 12
Grubbe
in reply to: CoreyDaun

This would be great if it worked. I've tried it numerous times, and get the error message : These Project Standards cannot be transferred.
Message 6 of 12
CoreyDaun
in reply to: Grubbe

Hello, and welcome to the Discussion Groups!

I've tested this and have successfully transferred View Filters from one Project to another. Can you elaborate on your situation a little bit?

- What version of Revit are you using?

- Can you replicate this failure? Create two new Projects, create a View Filter in one, and transfer it to the other.

- Are you attempting to use Transfer Project Standards from another open Project or a Linked Model?

- Are you encountering problems with other categories using Transfer Project Standards?

Message 7 of 12
aksaks

When you tested the filter transfer procedure were you performing the test on a filter that may not have valid criteria in context of the target file? My guess is that if the filter transfer does work in some cases but not for the original poster's case then there is something in the filter that is not transferable to the target file. Filter criteria is not necessarily universal for every file. Filters using workset names in the criteria fall into this category. If that is what is happening and if workset names can also be transfered then perhaps the solution is to also include the missing workset in the transfer if they can also be transfered. 

Message 8 of 12
CoreyDaun
in reply to: aksaks

Actually, that is exactly the test I performed - I transferred from Workset-dependent View Filter from a Workshared Project into a non-Workshared Project, and the transfer was successful. When I opened the View Filter to investigate, the filter rules lost their association with Worksets. If a View Filter's Rules are dependent on a Project Parameter, then that Project Parameter will automatically be transferred to the current Project.

Message 9 of 12
alijax1972

are you in the same session of REVIT when trying to transfer ?

Message 10 of 12
Mario_LeRoux
in reply to: Grubbe

MarioLeRoux_0-1698869385054.png

I'm also just getting this message. 

Message 11 of 12

i have had this error when transferring panel schedule templates. it ended up having to do with electrical settings. once those were removed it was able to transfer over.

I suggest trying to transfer to an out of the box revit template project to see if it will transfer over. if it does, then you can remove a few filters at a time and see when you can transfer it over. Then investigate the filters and the associated parameters/categories they are being applied to. You may need to tweak/delete a few things to get them to transfer over.
Message 12 of 12
Joseph_Peel

A possible alternative to using Transfer Project Standards is that you can cut and paste anything if you know its ID. So use Revit Lookup to check the ID of the filters you want to copy, use Select by ID(s) to select them, then cut and paste to other project. This is very handy when you want just a single View Template or something. It may still not work properly if its dependent on other things which dont exist in the new model, but its possibly a way around that error message.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report