Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filtering Pipe Fittings' by size

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
harilal
505 Views, 3 Replies

Filtering Pipe Fittings' by size

I want to hide all the elbows with size less than 2" in the viewport. I have 1" elbows and 1.5" elbows in my model. But when I create a filter for the same by selecting the option "is less than" and by giving a value 2", it hides only 1" elbows, not 1.5" elbows. Can anyone suggest something for this?
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
harilal
in reply to: harilal

I posted it long back and feel sad that no one replied. Does anyone have a solution for this?
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

One thing you may want to check is your unit settings. If you look under the piping discipline --> Pipe Size. What are your units and rounding set at?

If you rounding is set (To the nearest 1") this may be the problem.

Just an Idea, Hope this helps.

Glen Walson - Ideate Inc.
Message 4 of 4
wewalker

Assuming that you are using the Size parameter, this cannot be done with 1 filter. I tried to find a solution to this recently. When you select Size as a rule, you get a list of all of the pipe fitting sizes (i.e. 3/4-1/2" & 3/4"-3/4").

Because the size parameter differs in value between these two, one filter will not work. Additionally, Even by changing the pipe size units to decimal units, you still can't capture the pipe fittings with the same filter. You would have to have 1 filter for each pipe fitting size.

If you are in 2019 or newer, the filter rules have been upgraded to allow the OR option. You also can select which rule applies to which category inside the same filter, and can make this happen. This reply probably isn't relevant now, but hopefully it helps someone out there.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report