Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filter Problem - Can’t add two different family types to one filter.

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
CADArmor
4373 Views, 2 Replies

Filter Problem - Can’t add two different family types to one filter.

I have one diesel and one electric pump. I would like to add both to one filter as seen in image 1 attached. But it doesn’t work. My annotations should turn green. Creating filters for one at a time works but not for both in one filter.  If I could get it to work this would be very handy. Is there some way around it? Can someone please help?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
CoreyDaun
in reply to: CADArmor

That's because the Filter Rules only have an "AND" operator, and not an "OR". So the way it shows in your image, a Family would have to be named both "Diesel Pump" and "Electric Pump" to fit the Filter's criteria. I'll give you three options:

1. Change the Filter to 'Family Name' CONTAINS "Pump". This will catch ALL families with "pump" in the name, so if there are one or two other pump Families in the project you do not want to affect with this View Filter, then you can specify a secondary condition 'Family Name' DOES NOT EQUAL, and specify the other pump Family names. If there are many other pump Families, this won't work.

2. Change the Filter to 'Family Name' CONTAINS, and then choose a character that you don't normally use, such as "§". Then, rename those pump Families to include this character at the end of their name.

3. Change the Filter to 'Type Comments' EQUALS "X". Then, edit the Type Properties of those pump Family Types and add an "X" under Type Comments. Alternatively, if you would rather control this by instance, use the 'Comments' parameter instead.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 3
CADArmor
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Well thank you very much mate. You have solved my problem. This is extremely handy to know. -- Message protected by MailGuard: e-mail anti-virus, anti-spam and content filtering. http://www.mailguard.com.au

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report