Valued Contributor
91 Posts
1 Kudo
Post 1 of 3
Accepted Solution

Filled Region in Elec Family

156 Views, 2 Replies
03-03-2014 04:25 AM

Does anybody know a way to add a filled region to an electrical fixture.

I don't want to use a generic annotation etc for my 2D symbol for a light fixture I am creating, as in this particular case I want the symbol to remain the same size when the view is scaled in different projects, so I would like to use model lines (lighting fixture) in this case.

Thanks

If you do not want the symbol for a family to be annotative, then embed a Detail Item Family as the symbol, instead of a Generic Annotation Family.

*Expert Elite*
3,502 Posts
1,007 Kudos
Post 2 of 3

Re: Filled Region in Elec Family

03-03-2014 05:07 AM in reply to: lsop1409

If you do not want the symbol for a family to be annotative, then embed a Detail Item Family as the symbol, instead of a Generic Annotation Family.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Valued Contributor
91 Posts
1 Kudo
Post 3 of 3

Re: Filled Region in Elec Family

03-03-2014 05:12 AM in reply to: CADastrophe

Thanks Corey.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are you interested in helping shape the future of the Autodesk Community? To participate in this brief usability study, please click here. Your time and input is greatly appreciated!