Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FCU connections not working

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
revitworkbench
656 Views, 8 Replies

FCU connections not working

Hi I made a FCU and none of the connections are working. I placed duct connectors on there and asscociated the height and width parameters that I wrote, and it all seems to flex fine in the family editor, but when I load it into the project it arbitrarilly takes of 1 1/4" from the height dimmesion. And all of my pipe connections come in at 0" when you look at the draw automatically tab button thing. Any idea what might be going on? I am attaching the file in case you might want to look at it.
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Here is the attachment.
Message 3 of 9

Ok well, looks like I cant add a .rar or a rfa file on here so if you want it I can just email it to you. Thanks!
Message 4 of 9
abulla
in reply to: revitworkbench

You should be able to attach an .rfa file, I'm not sure if there is a size limit though.
Message 5 of 9
CoreyDaun

I've received your family file via email. The Connectors appeared to function correctly when I loaded it into a Project. I noticed that this Family is designed to be used in conjunction with a Type Catalog - perhaps the problems lies within that file.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 6 of 9
revitworkbench
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Where can I go to learn more about type catalogs?
Message 7 of 9
CoreyDaun

You can find some info in WikiHelp and by searching this forum. Aside from that, I'm not sure. Attached is a simple example .rfa Family file (Revit 2012) and a Type Catalog file it if helps.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 8 of 9

Ok, so I think I pretty much knew what a type catalog was I just never new it had a name. But, the problem I have with them is stated clearly in Wiki help: "You place this file in the same location as the family file so that when you select to load the family, the type catalog displays." regardless of where I saved it I could never get it to open properly. The problem was that I opened the family first, then tried to load it into the project. By doing so, no catalog popped up telling me which types to select. The part I was missing is you have to load it directly from the project you want it in, then the type catalog will show up.

Message 9 of 9
abulla

Right - In addition, families with type catalogs must be loaded from Revit, not drag-and-dropped from Windows.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report