Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fatal Error When Loading Family

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Revit_J
850 Views, 7 Replies

Fatal Error When Loading Family

I am trying to track down why I get a Fatal Error from Revit MEP 2012 whenever I load specific families.  I have tried two different pump families from Grundfos and one from Taco via Autodesk Seek. For some reason these three families cause a fatal error in any project I start using our company template (which I am responsible for - for better or worse).  They do not, however, cause the error when I start a new project using one of Revit's OOB templates.  I have tried stripping all of the parameters from the file, and purging repeatedly to try to track down what is causing it, but no luck.  I have tried families from other sources and have not had any of these problems.

Attached below is one of the families in question as well as a stripped down project file that I started with our template file.

If anyone has any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it.  I certainly don't want some catastrophic problem lurking in our template file.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
CoreyDaun
in reply to: Revit_J

Could you attach at least one of the family files that is causing the crash?

⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗
Welcome to the Autodesk forums, Revit_J!
Feel free to post any questions you may have! There are many experienced users here who generously contribute their time and effort to supporting
their peers. This is an open, peer-supported forum, so feel free to contribute any useful information or experiences to any of the topics you see here.
We hope you'll stick around a while and help strengthen the value of this community!
───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Be sure to review the Ground Rules, visit the FAQ Forum, and use the Search feature prior to posting a question, as it's likely been asked before.
⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 8
Revit_J

Oops, here is one.  

I did have a conflicting shared parameter, and I thought that might be the culptrit.  I tried do delete it from the project file, but it still kept crashing.  Are the parameters hidden in the file somewhere even after you delete them?

Message 4 of 8
CoreyDaun

It appears from the journal file that the "Phase" parameter is causing trouble, a mis-match. This seems to be identical with the problems someone was having in another thread: Error Loading Family. There doesn't appear to be a resolution to this yet...

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 8
Revit_J

Thanks CADastrophe. So it wouldn't be a simple matter of deleting the offending parameter from the family somehow?

(Also should I continue this discussion on the existing thread? I wasn't sure of forum etiquette)

Message 6 of 8
CoreyDaun

@Revit_J wrote:

"...So it wouldn't be a simple matter of deleting the offending parameter from the family somehow?"

I tried that, but there's more to it than that. It wouldn't be fun if it was a simple fix...

@Revit_J wrote:

"(Also should I continue this discussion on the existing thread? I wasn't sure of forum etiquette)"

Typically, you should search the forum for previous threads about the same or similar issue. But it doesn't matter much - you're fine.

I was just pointing it out for reference.

Message 7 of 8
mcasella

Any chance at all that there is a solution to this issue?  I am having the EXACT same problem and no one seems to know the answer to it. 

Message 8 of 8
Revit_J
in reply to: mcasella

I had to send my file to Autodesk to have the conflicting parameter removed from the file. I couldn't find any other alternatives, short of just not using the families. Since then it seems the manufacturer has repaired its families so that there is no longer a broken parameter in their family files.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report