Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fatal error loading family

21 REPLIES 21
Message 1 of 22
rschnureIV
2959 Views, 21 Replies

Fatal error loading family

I am getting fatal errors when I try to load certain families into my revit mep 2012 projects.  Any Ideas?

21 REPLIES 21
Message 2 of 22
CoreyDaun
in reply to: rschnureIV

Can you provide a little more info - perhaps an image of the error message?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 22
rschnureIV
in reply to: CoreyDaun

I attached a pic of the error.  Trane seems to think it has something to do with shared parameter files?  Does this sound familiar?

Message 4 of 22
CoreyDaun

I was hoping there'd be some actual, useful information in that message...

Well, in order to determine if it is in fact a problem with Shared Parameters, you can perform this test:

Open the family, and remove ALL parameters that you can, and then load it into a blank project. Does it still crash?

If not, can you post the family file so we can take a gander?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 22
rschnureIV

I can load this family into a blank project with no errors

Message 6 of 22
CoreyDaun

Now try loading it into the project that crashed.

Message 7 of 22
rschnureIV

There is no attachment

Message 8 of 22
CoreyDaun

Sorry, I meant loading yours with the removed parameters. It if doesn't crash, then the troublesome parameter can be isolated.

Message 9 of 22
rschnureIV

I removed all the parameters I could and it still crahsed when I inserted it.

Message 10 of 22
Chris.Aquino

After a search of our Customer Error Report database, I don't see any from your email address. Can you please post a journal from a session where you saw the crash?

They should be in the location below:

C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Autodesk\Revit\Autodesk Revit MEP 2012\Journals

Chris Aquino
Adoption Marketing Manager | BIM Collaborate Pro
@Aquinotecture

Message 11 of 22
rschnureIV
in reply to: Chris.Aquino

Message 12 of 22
Chris.Aquino

Thank you for the journal file.

The first thing I see is that Update 2 is not installed. I would download and install Update 2 from the page below:

Revit MEP: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/item?siteID=123112&id=14973660

Having said that, the issue is that the type definition of a shared parameter "Phase" does not match between the project file and family. I would verify the type definitions are the same.

Chris Aquino
@Aquinotecture

Message 13 of 22
rschnureIV

By phase do you mean, and electrical phase? Robert Schnure Mechanical Designer/Cad Coordinator Mechanical Engineering Tel.: (610) 524-5920 x 2251 Dir.: (610) 423-6251 Toll free: (877) 243-9711 Fax: (610) 524-2443 SNC-Lavalin Project Services, Inc. 436 Creamery Way, Suite 100 Exton | Pennsylvania | United States | 19341NOTICE - This email message, and any attachments, may contain information or material that is confidential, privileged and/or subject to copyright or other rights. Any unauthorized viewing, disclosure, retransmission, dissemination or other use of or reliance on this message, or anything contained therein, is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you believe you may have received this message in error, kindly inform the sender by return email and delete this message from your system. Thank you.
Message 14 of 22
Chris.Aquino

That does look like the parameter Revit is having the issue with.

Chris Aquino
@Aquinotecture

Message 15 of 22
Revit_J

I am having a similar if not identical issue.  Did you figure out a way to resolve this?

-J

Message 16 of 22
Chris.Aquino
in reply to: Revit_J

To confirm if this is the same issue, please upload a journal from the session where you are seeing the behavior.

Chris Aquino
@Aquinotecture

Message 17 of 22
Revit_J

Here you are sir.  Hope this helps.

Message 18 of 22
Chris.Aquino
in reply to: Revit_J

Thank you for the update.

From the journal file, it does look to be the same issue. You'll need to delete the shared parameter from the family, and recreate it both the family and project file.

Having said that, if you are on Subscription, we may have additonal options.

Chris Aquino
@Aquinotecture

Message 19 of 22
Revit_J

I have tried to delete the parameter from the family, but I still get the same outcome when I try to load it.  According to the journal file, it is still hanging up on the "phase" parameter even though I deleted it.  Is there a way to remove a shared parameter from a family other than from the "family types" dialogue?

Message 20 of 22

I believe I am having the same issue with a mismatched shared parameter "phase".  I have attached my journal file, has there been a resolution to this?  I've tried to remove all the parameters, but still seem to have the problem.

I also have a subscription, you mentioned there may be other options?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report