Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fancoil and air terminal families!!!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
ruidavid
1634 Views, 5 Replies

Fancoil and air terminal families!!!

Hello! I am having serious problems in conecting an return air terminal and an fancoil. The suply works well! The return says that it was taking the wrong side connection!! I dont know whats happening! The fancoil was taken in an manufacter. The air terminal was made by me maybe i ve done something wrong. Anyone can explain whats happening and a solution? Another question is where can i take an fancoil with the air terminal for return with plenum?

Thanks

Rui

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
CarrieHoffman02
in reply to: ruidavid

In response to the wrong side connection, go into the fan coil family, select the return connection, and click the switch arrows. See picture for more info. I know it isn't a fan coil unit but the idea is the same. I have had this happen with my equipment as well.

Message 3 of 6
ruidavid
in reply to: CarrieHoffman02

Hello!

Thanks a lot.

It was forgottens that issue! Although I think the both families were correct on that point.

This morning ive tryed to make again the connection:

I add parameters for the conector width and lengh and i've adusted to an smaller duct.

I ve put airt terminal and fancoil connector the same Lenght and width.

Then Ive aligned the conecctors at same eggs in the project.

And then it works.

I ve two questions for future.

And if I want an connector rectangular or round in same familie and same project diferent in instances?

Its changing automatically?

Is it possible to give an parameter of instance to the connector of the same famiy?

Thanks a lot,

Rui

Message 4 of 6
ruidavid
in reply to: CarrieHoffman02

Hello!

In sequence in our conversation:

I have input duct conectores for: Supply return and other air(Outddor air)

I have made ducts into airterminals.

I imput the specific air flow.

and then i ve tryed duct autosizing!!!

The answer is No airflow at zero section.

at horange happears the return duct.

Whats happening? can u help?

NOTE: I am ataching the fancoil and return air terminal if someone wants to take a look.

Thnks Rui

Message 5 of 6
CarrieHoffman02

You are in over my head. Hope someone else can help you.

Message 6 of 6
CoreyDaun

The problem to me seems to be with your Return Air Terminal. The connector within the family does not have the flow linked to any parameter and so it has a static value of 0.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report