Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

family type parameter question

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
revitworkbench
295 Views, 1 Reply

family type parameter question

Is there a way to use a family type parameter, in a family (host), in conjuction perhaps with a visibility parameter, to control which family type, of a multiple familiy type family (nested), will be shown in the schedule of project? Obviously I can load multiple instances and link them to visibility parameters, but I dont want the added baggage. Can the family type parameter some how drive which family type is loaded into the family, and correspondingly be reflected in the project schedules? (yes, I have everything set to shared already) Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
CoreyDaun
in reply to: revitworkbench

If the nested components are interchangeable and are located in the same place, then you may be able to create a pull-down selection using a <Family Type> Parameter to control which nested elements are present, which will in turn control which components appear in the Project's Schedules. This cannot control which Families are loaded into the Family, but it will not require placement of an instance of each nested component. In addition, the <Family Type> Parameter can either drive or be driven by other parameters in the Family, using the methods explain in the thread below. Attached is an example Family (Revit 2013).

Dimensional Parameter driven by "Family Type" Drop-down Parameter

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report