Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Family scales when detail level is coarse only

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
490 Views, 6 Replies

Family scales when detail level is coarse only

I have created a family that loads and views in a project fine when the detail level is set to medium and fine. The size of the family remains the same when the view scale is changed within the project. However, when detail level is set to coarse the family scales when the view scale is chnaged and i cannot see why?

I have changed model line settings in the 'family element visibility settings' dialog in the family editor but with no success? any ideas?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
CoreyDaun
in reply to: Anonymous

From what it sounds like, there in an embedded Generic Annotation in your family, which does scale according to the View scale.

If this does not help, could you possible attach the .rfa file here so we could get a better understanding of your situation?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: CoreyDaun

When this family is inserted into a project it displays at full scale in medium and fine detail level, but scales down when coarse detail level is selected. I have tried resolving this for hours with no success!

Thanks.

Message 4 of 7
CoreyDaun

It looks like your family will have to be redrawn. Open a default "Out Of The Box" rectangular elbow and use as a template or a guide.

Note that the default elbow is centered on the original Reference Planes, both in the Reference View and in Front View. This needs to be corrected because the origin impacts the display of the Annotative Model Lines.

DuctFittingElbow.JPG

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Thanks

Message 6 of 7
CoreyDaun

Don't hesitate to post more questions here if you need - there are a lot of knowledgeable users here who are happy to advise, provide tips, and just generally help.

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Much appreciated, i have no doubt that i will have many more questions, as after many years of AutoCAD, AutoCAD MEP and Cadduct, this software is on a different level.....a huge learning curve. I will persevere with it though, as i believe the 3 Revit packages will become the leader in BIM software/workflows.

Fingers crossed that i will eventually be able to answer questions on here some day!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report