Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Family parameter glitch?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
revitworkbench
1191 Views, 2 Replies

Family parameter glitch?

Hi, I am trying to add a cuttsheet to my families. The families have several types. I wrote a shared parameter called "cutsheets" and added it to the family. Then I copy the directory that I want into here. The problem is that some, not all, of the types give the error message "This field cannot be blank. Enter text to continue." Followed by the error "Failed to apply family parameters" But it doesnt tell me any more information as to how or why, but Im like, I JUST added you to the previous type without a problem. Does anybody know what this problem is, and how to fix it? Thanks!
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
CoreyDaun
in reply to: revitworkbench

The warnings may not be related to the newly-created parameter (I'm assuming it's a URL Type parameter, and that can be blank). In your Family, is there a Parameter that is driving Model Text, by chance? If so, check through the Types and see if there is a blank entry causing this error.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 3
revitworkbench
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Yes, and yes! I dont know how you knew to check that, but that was pretty amazing!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report