Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Families hosted to hosted correct Level

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Schmit01
421 Views, 4 Replies

Families hosted to hosted correct Level

Im tired of having to correct piping, ducting, equipment ect to the correct associated level im working on. If im on Ground Floor I dont want the piping to be drawin on sixth floor at -21000. It is highly frustrating having to check everything over and over every time you make a change. It is not a consistant issue, sometimes it works fine, then other times you missing whole sections of equipment from schedules becuase they hosted to the wrong level. 

Anyone else having this issue?

Ryan

Revit MEP 2013

South Africa 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Are you modelling these elements in anything other than the relevant plan view?

If memory serves correctly, then to resolve this you need to make sure the last element you model before using a section is using the plan view you want the element to host on. i.e if you are on level 02 and modelling in section then your last element modelled needs to have been done on Level 02

If my reply answers your query, please use the Accept as Solution.
Please give Kudos as appropriate to enhance the value of these forums.

Thank you!
Message 3 of 5

All modeling is done in plan view using elevations and I agree working in section or 3D the level has to be first preset. 

However as I have attached. I have just worked on my Sixth Floor piping. I now need to change piping on my First Floor. When I select the pipe I want to edit on First Floor it shows it is associated with First Floor. However when I want to continue "modeling" the piping it jumps to sixth Floor again without the option to correct it, as the associated level is locked.

Logicaly I should just continue being associated to First Floor. 

Ryan

MEP 2013

South Africa

Message 4 of 5

Does that affect the whole run - all the way back to the riser?

Do you split the riser pipework then associate each section to the relevant level?

I'm just wondering if you have you riser set from level 6 down and when you amend the pipework, it then re-associates it to the "Primary starting level" - not that it shoudl work like this.

If my reply answers your query, please use the Accept as Solution.
Please give Kudos as appropriate to enhance the value of these forums.

Thank you!
Message 5 of 5

It only affects the run from where I continue it. The rest is left as is. The Riser piping is associated to the Ground Floor where is originates. Its is one entire run, no tees or flange seperation (yet). 

I can go and select an entire floor and correct the pipe/Ducts that are associated incorectly, however you cant do the same for the assecories attached as they dont correct their level, they jump to that level, and the Pipes/Ducts follow creating chaos. Meaning I have to delete them and remodel them. Otherwise they wont be picked up in my schedule based on the correct level.

Just Another Day at the office. I cant wait for Friday! 

Ryan

MEP 2013

South Africa

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report