Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FABmep Import for Revit MEP available on Autodesk Labs

36 REPLIES 36
Message 1 of 37
scott.sheppard
4685 Views, 36 Replies

FABmep Import for Revit MEP available on Autodesk Labs

There is a new technology preview you can try:

http://labs.autodesk.com/utilities/revit_fabmep/

The FABmep Import for Revit MEP is a free technology preview that enables users to import Autodesk Fabrication FABmep models to provide round-tripping capabilities for as-built/record drawing purposes.

Scott Sheppard
Program Manager
Autodesk Labs
Autodesk, Inc.
36 REPLIES 36
Message 2 of 37

I downloaded this, but can't seem to find the command to export it out of Fab. Can you give some further direction?

Message 3 of 37
DarrenP
in reply to: BrianWelch3883

it says its an importer plug in

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 37

It is a importer plug-in, but it is looking to import a .rif file. How do you get a .rif file out of Fab?

Message 5 of 37
DarrenP

watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pO_TyF_P0qM&list=UU605NHqEkxXsFYdoPrD6mOg&index=30&feature=plpp_video

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 37
DarrenP
in reply to: DarrenP

you must have the FAB MEP program installed

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 7 of 37
DarrenP

if you have it installed you won't need this plug in

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 8 of 37
BrianWelch3883

FABMEP allows me to import files from Revit into FAB. This plug-in is supposed to allow you to do the opposite. I want in import my FABMEP file into Revit.

Message 9 of 37
DarrenP

try emailing the labs team: labs.revit.fabmep@autodesk.com

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 10 of 37
bparrell
in reply to: scott.sheppard

Can we use our old mapping from 2012 in 2013.If not a migration tool like  others would help

Message 11 of 37

@BrianWelch

I gathered some information from Steve and wrote a blog posting for you.

http://labs.blogs.com/its_alive_in_the_lab/2012/07/fabmep-import-for-revit-mep-now-available-on-auto...

Scott Sheppard
Program Manager
Autodesk Labs
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 12 of 37
bparrell
in reply to: bparrell

Figured it out.For those that are interested.They have change the ext on the mapping file.Change from .Bix to .Map and all will be good.

Message 13 of 37
scott.sheppard
in reply to: bparrell

Based on the inquiries in this forum, I sketched out the workflow.

http://labs.blogs.com/its_alive_in_the_lab/2012/07/fabmep-import-for-revit-mep-a-picture-is-worth-10...

Thanks for providing the impetus.

Scott Sheppard
Program Manager
Autodesk Labs
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 14 of 37

"exportrun" is the command without the quotes. or "erun" or use icon in FABmep if not there right click in FABmep screen go to tools then click DATA Exchange this will bring the icon up

Message 15 of 37
ERez1185
in reply to: NelsonStark

I am running 2.41.157, i did click on data exchange and do not see the icon, i have importrun but no exportrun.

Any suggestions

Message 16 of 37

That is the same thing I am running. Now do you have the import icon? Also do you have Fabrication FABmep & Revit installed and if so is the addin's showing up to import and export from Revit? This might be an install problem. Did you download the Autodesk Lab add-on?

Message 17 of 37
ERez1185

In FAB i have the import icon but not the export icon.

I downloaded the FABtoRME.zip Revit add-in from Autodesk labs, i installed it and have the FAB to RME add-in.

I have not yet installed Revit convert 2013, i have it for Revit 2012 but not Revit 2013, where can i get that?

Message 18 of 37

Try this site I think it was a problem I had after using this everything is working. http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=19399552&linkID=9243099

Message 19 of 37
bparrell

I was looking for a place to post this,but we are in dire need of a multiline editor when mapping systems(Revit) to fabrication.Should be able to sort all supply and map.Please

Message 20 of 37

When I go to import services, nothing happens. Any suggestions?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report