Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extension Line in a Title Block

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
ayman.ghomrawi
1467 Views, 6 Replies

Extension Line in a Title Block

Hello,

Have anyone come across this problem: whenever i export a sheet from revit into Autocad i get the extension line in the sheet title block on a NPLT layer along with the boarder of the view on the sheet.

the thing is, i want this line to plot unlike the view boarder, and i think it is stupid to correct this issue in AutoCad specially if the number of drawings is huge. Can anyone help me with this issue

Regards,

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
CoreyDaun
in reply to: ayman.ghomrawi

That View Title line will obey the export settings of the Viewport category, as opposed to a sub-category under View Title which would be expected. While in the 'DWG Export' dialog, click on the "Modify Export Setup" button (Browse.JPG) next to the pull-down for 'Select Export Setup'. On the 'Layers' tab, scroll all the way down the list to find the "Viewports" settings at the very bottom.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 7
ayman.ghomrawi
in reply to: CoreyDaun

I tried that and it worked; However, that made the view boarder change layer as well, and I don't want it to do so.

Confidentiality & Disclaimer Note: This e-mail and any attachments thereto contain protected and confidential information intended for the sole use of the addressee individual or organization. If you are not the addressee or an authorized agent for him/it, or if you have received this message by error please notify the sender immediately by returning the message, and delete this copy from your system without any illegal use.

The Dar Group shall not be liable for the improper or incomplete transmission of the information contained in this communication nor for any delay in its receipt or damage to your system.
Message 4 of 7
CoreyDaun

I can understand that, but unfortunately, there is no way to separate them. The only other solution I can offer would be to build that line into your View Title Family instead. The disadvantage to this would be that you cannot replicate the dynamic control of the line (selecting the Viewport and dragging the grip) - you'd have to create different Types for differing lengths of that line. This can be quite cumbersome, so this is a "pick your poison" situation.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 7
aaurnab

Dear Did you find any solution? I have same problem in exported drawings from Revit.....

Thanks.

Message 6 of 7

2018 and Autodesk hasn't solved this issue?? This is really annoying. What does the line in the view title has to do with the viewport??

Message 7 of 7
RobDraw
in reply to: joao.martinsPXQ9Q

@joao.martinsPXQ9Q wrote:

2018 and Autodesk hasn't solved this issue?? This is really annoying.

I bet you think it's an easy fix, too.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report