Revit MEP

msmadiso
Message 1 of 3 (447 Views)

Exporting generic annotations to .dwg in revit 2013 mep

447 Views, 2 Replies
09-26-2013 06:37 AM

I have a revit model (architectural model is linked as the background) where I have placed electrical and data devices on the walls, floors, ceilings, as required for this particular job.  The devices have a generic annotation symbol that shows up in plan view.  I'm attempting to export floor plans that show our electrical symbols to a dwg file for additional work and delivery to the client.  Because the symbols are generic annotations, revit by default exports the symbols as circles and lines, etc to the A-ANNO-NOTE layer.  How do I tell REVIT that I want the lines and circles to be exported as a block and that I want the receptacle block to be placed on an electrical layer and that the tel/data block should be placed on a data layer?

Thanks,

Mark

*Expert Elite*
CADastrophe
Message 2 of 3 (401 Views)

Re: Exporting generic annotations to .dwg in revit 2013 mep

09-27-2013 05:54 AM in reply to: msmadiso

Unfortunately, Revit will always explode embedded Generic Annotations. You can tell Revit to at least assign them to a specified AutoCAD Layer by opening the Generic Annotation Family, creating a Subcategory, adding the lines to this Subcategory, and then in the DWG Export setup, expand the Generic Annotations category and designate a Layer on which to place these elements.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
msmadiso
Message 3 of 3 (362 Views)

Re: Exporting generic annotations to .dwg in revit 2013 mep

09-30-2013 06:35 AM in reply to: CADastrophe

Thanks,

At least getting things to the right layer will be a little help.

Mark

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.