Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting from Revit MEP to DWG

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
1920 Views, 8 Replies

Exporting from Revit MEP to DWG

Hi,

I am trying to export an electrical conduit floor plan to a dwg to add to an already existing AutoCAD file.  However, when added into the original file, the conduits lose their 3-dimensionality and become lines.  Any tips?  It should be noted that I am currently using the trial version of Revit MEP (no use purchasing unless I can get this working!) although I wouldn't think the trial version would alter the exporting capabilities.

Thanks,

Shea

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
CoreyDaun
in reply to: Anonymous

Whenever you export from a Plan View, everything exports 2D. Create a 3D view, orient the view parallel to the Top plane (click "TOP" on the ViewCube) or any other orientation and try exporting.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous

How do I create a 3D view of a single floor?  Everytime I create one it is of the entire building.

Message 4 of 9
joeself

in the 3d view, right click on the view cube and pick ORIENT TO VIEW, pick FLOOR PLAN (if thats what you want) and pick the floor plan you want.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: joeself

Great!  I am now getting the correct elevations and placements to export into a DWG.  However, the conduit is being transformed into lines rather than 3D conduit once in the DWG.  Is there something additional I can do to insure I maintain the dimensionality of the object?

Message 6 of 9
CoreyDaun

Go to the Export Setup at the top left of the 'DWG Export' dialog box, to the 'Solids' tab, and select "ACIS Solids" and see if that yields more desirable results.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: CoreyDaun

No dice 😞 very frustrating

Message 8 of 9
CoreyDaun

If you're seeking to convert the Conduit into the actual AEC Conduit objects, then I can only offer:

1. Consult one of the AutoCAD forum and inquire about 3D Solid to AEC Conduit conversion.
  2. Try messing around with exporting/importing an IFC file. Consult an AutoCAD forum for assistance.

As of right now, I don't believe this is possible...

Message 9 of 9
Martin__Schmid

Does the 3D view you are exporting have the Detail Level set to Fine?  If your conduit is displayed as Coarse or Medium, 3d lines are what you should expect to get.  If you have them displayed as Fine, you should be getting solids or meshes depending on the Export Setup > Solids tab.

Martin Schmid
Product Line Manager
Mechanical Detailing and Electrical Design
Architecture, Engineering, and Construction
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report