Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exported Parameter question

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
revitworkbench
272 Views, 2 Replies

Exported Parameter question

Hi, I have an addin that is exporting parameters that I need to schedule and tag. I am not quite sure what is going wrong, but on some of my tags when I go to create them, there are only some of the parameters available for putting into the label (for the tag) or in another project none are available at all. I think there might be away to transfer what I need using shared parameters, but I am currently unsuccessfull. What am I missing? I have all the parameters I need when I select the object in the project, but the parameters are fleeting when I try to trap them in a tag or a schedule. I guess this makes it a two part question. Please help, Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
CoreyDaun
in reply to: revitworkbench

I'm not very familiar with them, but which add-in are you using? It sounds as if it's not creating all of the desired parameter as Shared Parameters. That would explain why they aren't showing up in Tags or Schedules, but they appear available when the element is selected.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 3

I was able to correct the problem. I guess the directory to the shared parameter files (.txt) was not being read correctly or something. So i went in and removed all of the Project Parameters in question individually, and then added them in again manually through the shared parameter groups which I created (the correct directory). And that worked. 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report