Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

export to ifc

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
491 Views, 5 Replies

export to ifc

hi

i have a problem with exporting to ifc file  from  revit mep, becoz of large model and it was taking more time to export from revit mep to an ifc.Actually we need to export only plant room area.So Is there any option to export a small portion(only plantroom) of the model to ifc.So that time will save instead of total area expoting time. i am using revit mep 2012.please help me if there is any solution.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

i am asking anything wrong.
Message 3 of 6
CoreyDaun

Nah, you didn't ask anything wrong - the thread was just lost in the desolate MEP Wishes forum.

I don't believe that you can export only a portion of a Revit Model to an IFC file. Are you working with a Linked Architectural Model?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: CoreyDaun

hi 

yes i am working with linked arch model. i was also try to export ifc without linked arch model.

even though i was not getting a partial model. so i think there is no option to get a partial export to ifc.

Message 5 of 6
CoreyDaun

You can omit the Architectural Model from the IFC file by simply unloading the link prior to exporting it.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: CoreyDaun

thank you for the reply.

i will try it today.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report